Every time I want to convert something, I search for it in google. And every time I found some ad-bloated and slow sites (if they even work), so I make this list of open source and good online converter tools.
Name of tool link to web demo, GitHub link to GitHub
- Programming languages:
- Processing-p5-convert (GitHub): convert processing-java to p5js
- TypeScriptToLua (GitHub) – convert typescript to Lua (work in the AST level, so it’s very reliable converter, and even has extensions to VSCode and WebStorm)
- Icsharpcode-CodeConverter (GitHub) – Convert code from C# to VB.NET and vice versa
- Command line tools
- Quicktype (GitHub) : convert JSON to struct in a popular programming language
- Sqlitebiter (GitHub) (offline only) : convert table file to SQL (support Excel, HTML, JSON, CSS, TSV, and a lot more)
(I added it though it has no web online version because it really converts anything to SQL – in the GitHub example :
sqlitebiter url "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_firewalls"will extract all the tables from the Wikipedia page, then convert them to SQL database)
Do you know other good converter tools? Let me know in the comments!